ORLANDO, Fla., March 1, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — Orlando, Theme Park Capital of the World, is ranked among the 18 Cheapest Places to Travel in 2023, according to Kayak. The destination not only offers visitors unique experiences to create lasting memories this spring break, but also options to help them save money and bring more value to their vacation.
THEME PARK EVENTS & NEW ATTRACTIONS
With nine thrilling theme parks, Orlando promises immersive experiences this spring, whether it’s savoring international eats at exclusive festivals or taking off on new attractions.
- EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival (March 1 – July 5) boasts impressive Disney-inspired topiaries, colorful gardens and delicious fresh flavors around the World Showcase.
- Universal’s Mardi Gras: International Flavors of Carnival (through April 16) features Cajun and Creole dishes, and performances by some of the biggest names in music.
- SeaWorld Orlando’s Seven Seas Food Festival (through May 7) features exquisite global cuisine, local craft beers and diverse live entertainment.
- Much-anticipated attractions are set to open this spring:
- TRON Lightcycle / Run at Magic Kingdom Park, opening April 4, will be one of the fastest coasters at any Disney theme park.
- Magic Kingdom’s nighttime fireworks spectacular “Happily Ever After” will light up the skies once again beginning April 3.
- Pipeline: The Surf Coaster at SeaWorld Orlando will be the world’s first “Surf Coaster,” debuting this spring.
- The recently opened Pirate River Quest at LEGOLAND Florida takes guests through the uncharted waters of the legendary Cypress Gardens.
- Universal’s Great Movie Escape – recently opened at Universal CityWalk – is an escape room experience featuring interactive state-of-the-art missions inspired by blockbuster films.
LOCAL NEIGHBORHOOD SPRING ART FESTIVALS
Visitors can admire Orlando’s local art scene at various annual spring festivals.
- The Winter Park Sidewalk Art Festival (March 17-19) is one of the nation’s oldest, largest and most prestigious outdoor art festivals, drawing over 300,000 visitors annually. Hosted in historic Winter Park, the juried art show features sculptures, paintings, digital art and more from hundreds of artists.
- Orlando’s largest arts and crafts festival series, Spring Fiesta In The Park (April 1-2) in Downtown Orlando’s Lake Eola Park, features distinctive art from over 300 artists and crafters, live entertainment and local food vendors.
- Celebrate Central Florida’s diverse culture with a tapestry of artwork from 25 folk and urban artists and live entertainment at the Hannibal Square Heritage Center Folk & Urban Art Festival (April 22).
SPRING BREAK SAVINGS AND EXCLUSIVE DEALS
Orlando-area attractions and resorts will offer exclusive deals and discounts for spring:
- Caribe Royale Orlando: Enjoy 15% off the best available rate on stays of two or more nights, plus a $25 daily dining credit when booking direct through April 21, for stays between Feb. 27 and May 31, 2023.
- Floridays Resort Orlando: Get a sixth night free when booking five nights by May 31 for stays through May 31, 2023.
- Avanti International Resort: Save 20% on the best available rate when booked by May 31 for stays through May 31, 2023.
- Avanti Palms Resort: Save 25% on the standard rate when booked by May 31 for stays through May 31, 2023.
- The Point Hotel & Suites: Save 25% when booking a minimum of two nights before May 31 for stays through May 31, 2023.
Travelers can maximize their Orlando spring break budget by using these helpful tips:
- Schedule a complimentary vacation planning session: With Visit Orlando’s exclusive vacation planning tools – like the immersive Orlando Virtual Tour feature and free one-on-one vacation planning services.
- Enjoy extra perks: Staying at a theme park’s on-site properties has major advantages, such as early admission and extended hours, in-room babysitting and children’s activity centers.
- Purchase tickets in advance: Buying tickets online ahead of time can be a big-time money saver. Many of Orlando’s popular attractions and theme parks offer authorized discount tickets through Visit Orlando powered by BestOfOrlando.com.
- Experience unique attractions under $30: From brain-bending experiences to outdoor adventures, Orlando offers one-of-a-kind experiences that are as memorable as they are value-packed. A full list is available here.
- Enjoy free fun: In addition to the low-cost attractions and experiences, Orlando offers even more fun, no-cost activities for all ages, like Disney Springs, Lake Nona Sculpture Garden and a wealth of museums and galleries. A full list of free activities can be found here.
Continuous updates on Orlando happenings can be found at VisitOrlando.com, the official visitor information source for the destination.
About Visit Orlando
Visit Orlando is The Official Tourism Association® for Orlando, the most visited destination in the United States, Theme Park Capital of the World® and No. 1 meeting destination in the country. A not-for-profit trade association that brands, markets and sells the Orlando destination globally, we represent more than 1,300 member companies comprising every segment of Central Florida’s tourism community.
Visit Orlando connects consumers and business groups with all facets of Orlando’s travel community, whether for a vacation or meeting. Home to seven of the world’s top theme parks — as well as refreshing water parks, activities to connect with nature, vibrant neighborhoods, a dynamic dining scene with Michelin recognized restaurants, and a robust calendar of entertainment and sports events — Orlando is a diverse, welcoming and inclusive community for all travelers. Find more information at VisitOrlando.com or OrlandoMeeting.com.
Editor’s Note: For additional press information or high-resolution downloadable images, please visit VisitOrlando.com/media
SOURCE Visit Orlando
Originally published at https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/spring-break-kicks-off-in-orlando-with-exclusive-events-new-attractions-and-vacation-savings-301759905.html
Images courtesy of https://pixabay.com