Despite having thriving empires, not all famous fashion designers are public people. You’ve probably heard their names and might even wear clothes with their famous label, but you probably have no idea what they actually look like. Could you recognize, for example, Calvin Klein or Tommy Hilfiger? Or can you imagine what Christian Louboutin or Manolo Blahnik look like? Let’s find out!
So, here are photos of the people hiding behind the names of labels from expensive boutiques. By the way, it’s really hard to distinguish these famous designers from ordinary people on the street.
Other videos you might like:
17 Crazy Things That Are Only Possible in Japan
14 Strict Rules Princesses Are Forced to Follow
7 Main Differences Between Rich and Poor People
Marc Jacobs 0:21
Christian Louboutin 0:56
Michael Kors 1:32
Tommy Hilfiger 2:02
Christian Lacroix 2:33
Miuccia Prada 2:59
Jimmy Choo 3:28
Yohji Yamamoto 4:04
Calvin Klein 4:29
Manolo Blahnik 5:05
Roberto Cavalli 5:37
Kenzo Takada 6:06
Luciano Benetton 6:32
Paco Rabanne 7:02
Pierre Cardin 7:31
#fashion #designers #brightside
Preview photo credit:
As every year the Italian businesswoman Miuccia Prada came to spend a few days of holidays in Saint-Moritz with a friend Miuccia Prada: By JBMPhotos/Jbm Photos/East News,
Manolo Blahnik Vogue Ralph Lauren Wimbledon summer cocktail party, Kensington Palace Orangery, Kensington Palace, London England 22nd June 2015: By Phil Loftus/Capital Pictures/EAST NEWS,
Animation is created by Bright Side.
Music by Epidemic Sound
– When he was only 23 years old, Marc Jacobs designed his first collection. And just a year later he became the youngest designer to have ever been awarded the fashion industry’s highest tribute, the Council of Fashion Designers of America Award.
– As a freelance designer, Christian Louboutin designed women’s shoes for Chanel, Yves Saint Laurent, and Maud Frizon. But at the age of 27, he decided to start his own company and opened a shoe salon in Paris.
– Michael Kors could have become an actor since he attended acting classes and even starred in a commercial at the age of 4. But love for fashion took over and Kors started designing clothes in his parents’ basement when he was a teen.
– At the age of 20, Tommy Hilfiger opened his own clothing store, but 5 years later he went bankrupt. After working for several different labels he set up his own clothing design company, Tommy Hill.
– Christian Lacroix actually planned to become a museum curator when he enrolled at the Sorbonne in Paris. But instead, he got interested in fashion and opened his own haute couture house when he was only 24.
– Miuccia Prada gave up performing as a mime at the Piccolo Theatre to take over the family business of luxury goods when she was 29 years old.
– Jimmy Choo was born to a family of shoemakers, so no wonder he made his first pair of shoes when he was only 11.
– Yohji Yamamoto gained his tailoring skills after giving up a promising legal career to help his mother with her dressmaking business.
– Calvin Klein’s grandmother, who was a seamstress, inspired his interest in fashion. As a teenager he spent most of his time sewing, studying designs, and sketching women’s dresses.
– From a very young age, Manolo Blahnik watched his mother make beautiful shoes for herself. Obviously, it sparked his interest in fashion.
– At the age of 32, Roberto Cavalli successfully presented his first collection at the pret-a-porter salon in Paris, and soon opened a fashion boutique in Saint-Tropez and launched his own clothing label.
– After graduating from Tokyo Fashion School, 25-year-old Kenzo decided to move to Paris. Six years later, he presented his first collection at the Vivienne Gallery.
– At the age of 30, Luciano Benetton, along with his sister and two brothers, founded the Benetton Group which became one of the most successful Italian brands.
– Paco Rabanne got a degree in architecture, but decided to pursue a career in the fashion world instead.
– Since the age of 14, Pierre Cardin worked as a clothier’s apprentice, studying the basics of clothing design. He left his parents’ home to work as a tailor in Vishy.
Subscribe to Bright Side :
Our Social Media:
5-Minute Crafts Youtube:
For more videos and articles visit:
Originally published at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrYxR0nkxU0
The post 15 People You Wouldn't Recognise Despite Knowing Them first appeared on .